NOTICE OF RACE
North American DN Championship Regatta
January 19 – 25, 2014
International DN Ice Yacht Racing Association
North American Western Region
All races will be governed by the Racing Rules of the National Iceboat Authority; the By-Laws of the IDNIYRA as stated in the sections IDNIYRA Regattas B) North American Championship Regatta, Racing Rules, and Official Specifications of the DN Ice Yacht; the Notice of Race, including any amendments to the Notice of Race, (except as any of these are altered by the sailing instructions) and the Sailing Instructions. The Sailing Instructions can be modified at the Skippers Meeting and by a notice posted on the official notice board.
All DN class yachts meeting the requirements of the Official Specifications and whose skippers meet the requirements of the By-Laws of the IDNIYRA as stated in the section IDNIYRA Regattas are eligible to enter and race in the championship.
3. Site Information and Postings:
A. The primary site is the North American Western Region
B. Site and Headquarters Information will be available on the Official Regatta Hotline 608-313-5156, beginning January 14, 2014.
C. Site and Headquarters Information will be duplicated on the https://ice.idniyra.org website.
4. Entry, Deadline, and Fee:
A. The official entry may be submitted and signed or may be accomplished on line through Paypal by registering on the website http://ice.idniyra.org.
A registration form may be found in the Winter 2013 Runner Tracks, and may be downloaded from the https://ice.idniyra.org website.
B. The early entry fee is $60 US if paid by PayPal or received* by the Western Rear Commodore by December 31, 2013 and late entry fee $120 US if paid by PayPal or received January 1st, 2014 or later. Entrants traveling from Europe are exempt from paying late fees but are required to pre-register.
* Note that the entry must be received, not just postmarked, by the Western Rear Commodore by December 31st 2013
5. Schedule of Events:
- December 31, 2013 deadline for the Western Rear Commodore to receive early entry fee
- January 1, 2014 late entry fee goes into effect.
- January 14, 2014 9;00 p.m. EST. Tentative site information posting on website & hotline. Information will be updated as it becomes available.
- January 16, 2014 9:00 PM EST Site information posting on website & hotline. Information will be updated as it becomes available.
- January 18, 2014 5:00 – 8:00 PM, local time. Final registration and check-in for all competitors at the site headquarters as posted.
- January 18, 2014 Opening Ceremony following close of registration.
- Day following final registration - 9:00 AM,local time, Skipper’s meeting at launch site. 10:15 AM, local time,First race
6. Sailing instructions
Sailing Instructions will be available at final registration and check in.
7. Yachts with two piece masts
Yachts with two piece masts or mast sticks shall notify the measurement committee prior to the close of registration to have mast approved and officially sealed prior to the first race for the duration of the regatta.
Prizes shall be awarded in accordance with the IDNIYRA By-Laws.