- Framing stays are prohibited. Any cable not shown in the plans is prohibited.
- All stays shall be steel cable and shall be 0.118'' (3 mm) or greater in diameter.
- Halyard shall be steel cable and shall be 3/32'' (2.4 mm) or greater in diameter.
- Bobstay shall be installed and fitted to the bow tang forward and anchored at its after end on the stern block or immediately in front of the runner plank.
- Tubes and other means of rigid adjustment of stay lengths are permissible.
- Devices which adjust stay lengths while yacht is underway are prohibited.
- Means for rigid adjustment of mast step location are permissible.
- Means for adjustment of mast step location while yacht is underway are prohibited.
- Mast step shall be rigidly mounted on the deck of the fuselage.
- English MetricMast step shall permit free orientation of mast.
Max Min Max Min
- 41 35 1041 890 Horizontal distance from mast step pivoting point (center of ball) to pivot axis of steering runner:
- 50 44 1270 1118 Horizontal distance from pivot axis of steering runner to pivot axis of steering post:
- 139 ½ 127 ½ 3543 3239 Distance from lower mast hound bolt (pivot bolt located in front of mast) to base of mast:
- Six sheet blocks shall be installed.
- Four sheet blocks shall be installed aft of the rear limit of the cockpit floor: two on the boom and two on the deck. None of these blocks may incorporate a one-way feature. The blocks on the fuselage must be fastened in a manner such that anything penetrating the deck may only be performing the function of fastening, and no other function.
- One sheet block shall be located forward on the boom within 1' (304 mm) of the mast. This block may incorporate a one-way feature.
- One sheet block shall be installed on the tiller post. This block may incorporate a one-way feature.
- The sheet must be attached to the boom and pass through all blocks as shown in plans.
- Blocks must be individual and have fixed positions on fuselage and boom.
- English Metric12/01/2012 Procedure for measuring a DN SailSheet may run inside the boom between the forward block and the 2nd block.
Max Min Max Min
- ---- 43.07 ---- 1094 The distance from the center of the runner plank to the base/foot of the side stay on the end of the plank must be:
- The components of the mast hound may affect the free orientation of the mast by either forcing mast rotation or limiting mast rotation.
Please see the Rigging Interpretations.